We are looking for an experienced .NET developer to join our team in Porto.
// to be more specific, we are looking for that special developer that knows the ins and outs of .NET Core and Azure platform development
Who are we?
We are the DEUS initiative, and we are all about exploring technology in the service of humanity. No, we are not calling ourselves gods(!), but our name is a reference to ‘deus ex machina’ (god from the machine in latin). We believe that artificial intelligence technologies such as machine learning, computer vision and natural language processing will have a massive impact on the way we live, and we want to make sure that we create a positive impact on the world with these services and their foundational platforms and interfaces.
As a happy coincidence, DEUS is also an acronym representing the 4 key disciplines we believe are important to building successful intelligent services: Data / Engineering / User-experience design / Strategy.
DEUS is a new initiative, but the founders have been working together for years so there is a family feel to the company. We have a beautiful office right in the historical central canals of Amsterdam, and we are in the process of establishing our Iberian bases in Porto and Galicia.
Who are you?
- you are proficient in .NET and .NET Core (Web, API, Windows, Services) with Azure Platform Development (Serverless Computing, Azure Functions, Azure Services, Azure Storage, Logic Apps)
- you have experience with Data Development (T-SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, Azure Cosmos, Azure SQL, Mongo etc.)
- you are familiar with the development of applications based on micro-services architecture and at least curious about containers, cloud functions and their deployment.
- you love to write clean structured code
- you enjoy learning about new technologies
- you know how to design an efficient software architecture and implement it
- you automate the mundane tasks so more time can be spent on the fun stuff
- you like working in a team, sharing knowledge, mentoring the juniors
- you are used to work with agile methodologies and its principles
We are dedicated to making a friendly and inclusive workplace. To put it bluntly, there is an unwritten ‘no assholes’ policy that applies to both ourselves and our clients, as we always want to enjoy our team dynamic. In ‘normal’ times, we do trips, conferences and events together on a regular basis, and we are always committed to cultivating a company that celebrates differences. This has obviously been challenging over the last year but we have embraced the change and found ways to keep the team dynamic strong. We fundamentally believe in flexibility, and you will be given a lot of freedom while translating complicated problems into easy-to-use products. This means managing your own priorities, trying out new things and working a flexible hours’ scheme.
Some of the tasks you might be doing in this role:
- Work closely with the Architects, UX/UI Designers and other team members
- Setup and improve CICD pipeline
- Work with the business to gather requirements and specifications
- Suggest solution design changes whenever you find key improvement points.
- Squeeze every last drop of performance out of your backend and websites through benchmarking and optimisation
...and some more points:
- Excellent written and verbal English is the only core requirement, but Dutch and any other languages are always a bonus
- We will provide top hardware [macbook pro etc] and the latest software – we use the right tools for the job.
- note: If you don’t feel that you perfectly fit the description above, but you have some other background or skillset that you think could be of interest, please still get in touch!
The DEUS initiative “Artificial Intelligence is changing the world more than anything in the history of humankind. More than electricity.” AI is on the radar of nearly every organisation and government, and it is prominently featured in news and literature. There is great excitement over the benefits of AI applications, but there is also a lot of noise, and this can make it difficult to separate real potential from hype. How can we distinguish reality from speculative science fiction? At the DEUS initiative, we challenge ourselves to explore and build AI services to create a positive impact on our future. We connect business, academia and government institutes in exchanging ideas and experiences in developing human(ity)-centered AI applications. Combining data, design and artificial intelligence to solve challenging problems elegantly, ethically and efficiently. The three E’s.