Do you want to shape the future for green energy? Do what to be a part of building Vestas new Design Centre? Are you interested in developing top-notch software responsible for controlling and operating new wind turbine solutions? Then you might be the right candidate!
You will be seating together with other talented engineers within the Control Systems department. Control Software is a part of Vestas Power Solutions and we are responsible for delivering control system solutions to all Vestas turbines. As Scrum Master you will be a part this department and a key part of its success.
Vestas Power Solutions is the cornerstone of Vestas. Through innovation, development and continuous product improvement we develop the products and technologies that reduce the cost of energy and bring the highest possible value to our customers and to Vestas. To put it short: Vestas Power Solutions develops the wind power systems of the future.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate has a passion for software. You have great stakeholder management and interpersonal skills at both a technical and non-technical level. You have excellent problem-solving skills and possess the ability to manage conflicting priorities and multiple tasks.
You are a resilient team player who is goal-orientated and demonstrates a high level of commitment with the ability to work under minimal supervision. You are customer-orientated, whether responding to support queries or developing new functionalities
Moreover, it is essential that you have strong analytical skills and are detail oriented, enabling you to deliver results. You are a Team player, able to successfully priorities multiple tasks and timelines, to accurately meet deadlines.
You are culturally open-minded, a good communicator and able to establish relationships across geographical boundaries and cultures. You have excellent Written and Verbal skills with people at all levels across the organization in English
As Scrum Master, you will:
- Organize and coordinate Scrum ceremonies such as daily stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint review and retrospectives
- Ensure the correct use of Scrum process by the team and the stakeholders
- Be a strong contributor in the continuously improvement of the team, our processes and tools
- Actively coach the team in Agile methodologies
- Remove impediments and improve the communication within the team
- Improve the success of your team by keeping the team focused on sprint commitments
- Help the product owner maintain and groom product's backlog
- Improve communication between the Product Owner and the team
- Support in build the technical organization at the Porto office and will have a big influence of the start-up success
- Be engaged in the early stage feasibility studies of new products working together with other engineering disciplines like converter, electrical, hardware etc
- Computer-science, electrical engineering degree or similar from an accredited University
- +2 years as a Scrum Master or Agile Project Management experience
- +2 years of working experience working with software development
It's an advantage to have:
- Scrum Master accredited certification
- Experience with Jira, Confluence and other Atlassian tools
- Stakeholder management, negotiation and communication skill
- Experience in technical management
- Experience in working within a large organization
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated
To be successful in the position we expect that:
- You are responsible for overseeing and coordinating the tasks breakdown within multidisciplinary software team
- You are pro-active, result oriented and have a strong sense of responsibility
- You are able to meet your deadlines with the right quality
- You have a creative approach to new challenges
- You succeed as part of a team and it comes naturally to you to collaborate and share knowledge
- You have good communication skills and are fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Last, but not least, you must be able to work within an international team
What we offer
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled close to 76 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions. Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 23,000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We offer an opportunity to be part of a world-class team in an exciting business with a very comprehensive product range. The working environment in Control Engineering is informal but with clear direction. You will be part of a project-oriented organization with very competent colleagues in an inspiring work environment. You will be offered an attractive compensation package based on your qualifications and the demands of this position.
You will be part of an international organization with opportunities to grow and develop in the job – professionally and personally.
Work location will be at the Vestas Power Solutions newly established hub in Porto, Portugal.
About 25 days of travel per year must be expected and probably more the first year.
For additional information on the position, please contact the team leader Luis Reis at email@example.com.
Please send your application as soon as possible as we will close the position as soon as we find the right candidate.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 83 GW of wind turbines in 76 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled 73 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 22,000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.