Development Engineer - Transport & Handling Tools
Transport & Handling
Description of EVP area/Sub area and Department
Vestas Power Solutions is the cornerstone of Vestas. Through innovation, development and continuous product improvement we develop the products and technologies that reduce the cost of energy and bring the highest possible value to our customers and to Vestas. To put it short: Vestas Power Solutions develops the wind power systems of the future.
Transport & Handling Tools is a part of the Transport & Handling department in Vestas Power Solutions. The team is responsible for designing and specifying all custom tools needed in order to transport, install and maintain Vestas wind turbines in the best possible way.
As Development Engineer in Transport & Handling Tools you develop and design innovative tooling solutions in close collaboration with relevant stakeholders. You take ownership and lead the development from concept and requirement specification on to final verification of prototype. You are inventive and take pride in delivering high quality on time to benefit our business. As part of the process you use your experience and theoretical knowledge. You compose relevant design documentation and ensure adherence to relevant legislation. Further you compile sourcing documentation and support the value chain.
• Relevant engineering degree e.g. Mechanical design (B.Sc/M.Sc)
• Documented experience within the field of lifting, transporting and handling large components
• Experienced in 3D-Modeling and 2D-drafting, preferably using CREO
• Experienced in analytical verification
• Experience in FE analysis, preferably using ANSYS
• Experience with programming in e.g. mathCad or MATLAB
• Knowledge of relevant standards e.g. EN 13155, EN 1993 & EN 13001
• Methodical and structured way of working
• Technical leadership including ability to manage deadlines and plans
• Good communication skills in English, both written and verbal
• Proven ability to work self-driven; independently and in teams
• Capable of working in a large international organization
• Excellent understanding of the business and value chain
What we offer
We offer an exciting job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring environment as part of the world’s leading wind turbine manufacturer. You will become part of a highly professional environment with a broad interface and work closely with colleagues from all parts and levels of the organization. We value initiative and willingness to take ownership.