We’re looking for a C++ Guru to join us in changing the way the world moves. If you love a challenge, are passionate about technology and are full of spark, energy and ambition, this could be the dream role for you. Our team of rock-solid software engineers, technologists, futurists and dreamers are changing how people think and feel about cars.
Superstar engineers need superstar projects: from autonomous driving to electrification, from car sharing services to vehicle connectivity, Critical TechWorks operates at the cutting-edge of the BMW Group’s technologies. As part of the TechWorks team, you’ll create high-quality, reliable software components that help make vehicles safer as well as more eco-friendly and fun to drive.
Whatever you’re working on, here’s the lowdown on the technical skills you’re likely to have:
- Sound knowledge of objected-oriented languages and software architectures
- A solid understanding of distributed software architectures
- Significant experience using C++ (preferably C++11 or superior)
- Experience in the use of GNU/Linux (development, shell scripting and basic administration)
- Familiarity with AUTOSAR, QT, OpenGL and infotainment stacks like GENIVI or MISRA C++
- Understanding of basic electronics laboratory instrumentation
Apart from great technical skills, our environment is fast-paced and 100% agile, prioritising teamwork, interaction and resilience. We’re organised into Scrum teams and projects typically consist of one or more teams sharing a common development, configuration management and continuous delivery environment.
This calls for our engineering gurus to possess the following skills:
- Great people skills that foster a supportive environment, constructive feedback and ideas sharing
- Excellent oral communication and written skills – including the ability to speak and write in English
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery tools (e.g. Git, Jenkins, JIRA, Gerrit)
- Experience of agile methodologies, particularly Scrum
- A real passion for learning, doing things better and helping others – and an ability to turn ideas into realities
- Availability to travel abroad for short periods of time, as required
Fusing technology and talent, we’re developing the next generation of software systems for the BMW Group’s future driving machines. Fuelled by the principles of agile software development, we’ll use our freedom to think, disrupt and transform the way things are done. We’re clear about where we’re heading. We plan to change the way the world thinks and feels about cars: from autonomous driving to electrification, from car sharing services to connectivity. Get ready for a journey like no other.