Heroic engineers need heroic projects: from autonomous driving to electrification, from car sharing services to vehicle connectivity, Critical TechWorks operates at the cutting-edge of the BMW Group’s technologies.
You’ll focus on delivering high quality, reusable and testable software components for state-of-the-art connected-car systems in a multi-disciplined, fast-paced environment.
You’ll bring passion, energy, fresh ideas and you’ll inspire others. You’ll be supported by a world-class team of engineers, structured training programs and a caring, ambitious and pioneering culture.
Whatever you’re working on, here’s the lowdown on the technical skills you’re likely to have:
- Experience using Java EE
- Experienced with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with Microservices Architecture, Cloud Architecture and Container Architecture
- Desirable knowledge in Domain Driven design, event sourcing, reactive programming, automated testing and security
Apart from great technical skills, our environment is fast-paced and 100% agile, prioritising teamwork, interaction and resilience.
We’re organised into Scrum teams and projects typically consist of one or more teams sharing a common development, configuration management and continuous delivery environment.
This calls for our engineering revolutionaries to possess the following skills:
- Great people skills that foster a supportive environment, constructive feedback and ideas sharing
- Excellent oral communication and written skills – including the ability to speak and write in English
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery tools (e.g. Git, Jenkins, JIRA, Gerrit)
- Experience of agile methodologies, particularly Scrum
- A real passion for learning, doing things better and helping others – and an ability to turn ideas into realities
- Availability to travel abroad for short periods of time, as required
- Speaking German would be an advantage
Fusing technology and talent, we’re developing the next generation of software systems for the BMW Group’s future driving machines. Fuelled by the principles of agile software development, we’ll use our freedom to think, disrupt and transform the way things are done. We’re clear about where we’re heading. We plan to change the way the world thinks and feels about cars: from autonomous driving to electrification, from car sharing services to connectivity. Get ready for a journey like no other.