About Your Role
Veniam’s engineering team is delivering the number one data networking platform, built on embedded software and cloud-based components required to move massive amounts of data between connected vehicles and the cloud.
Our embedded software team delivers the kernel and user-space services and applications that interact with the hardware and cloud components, as part of full-stack networking solutions required to deliver networks of connected vehicles and other moving things.
As a Senior member of this team, you will be responsible for developing high-performance, secure, low-latency, and automotive-grade software, on top of Linux-based operating systems, that will run in different automotive hardware platforms and reference architectures. Your software will enable thousands of vehicles to move massive amounts of data between them and the cloud with the right level of QoS and security.
If you would like to be part of the data networking company that will impact key players in the automotive, transportation, and telecommunication sector, this challenge is for you.
- Be part of the embedded software team and help its growth;
- Mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality;
- Translate requirements coming from the automotive sector into technical feasibility efforts;
- Coordinate work with cloud team and remaining knowledge groups in embedded software and DevOps to address complex technical challenges while delivering clean, stable and production-ready solutions;
- Evaluate the feasibility of porting the Veniam embedded software stack to other hardware platforms and operating systems;
- Design and maintain key parts of the in-vehicle software architecture.
- In-depth experience with C programming;
- Relevant knowledge of the Linux kernel subsystems and internals, including adding/changing/fixing device drivers, memory management and interrupt handling, and kernel interactions with user-space;
- Experience in kernel troubleshooting and crash debugging and analysis;
- Experience with scripting languages (such as Python);
- Experience with Git version control system;
- Experience with POSIX threading related mechanism;
- Good understanding of the IP stack, and TCP/UDP networking.
Qualifications and Other Requirements
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science;
- 5+ years of experience in developing and maintaining Linux Kernel and/or user-space embedded applications;
- Proven experience in leading teams and making architecture decisions are preferred;
- Prior experience in Automotive Grade Linux or Android Auto is valued.
Sound good? Then click apply, we can't wait to meet you!
Our team is 50+ people strong with a global presence and 6 different nationalities. We are passionate about addressing climate change and making places more human by enabling connected vehicles and the Internet of Moving Things. Our team is made of inventors and problem solvers who are also artists, musicians, athletes, avid readers, and mindfulness enthusiasts. Our culture and values book shows why and how we do things at Veniam. If you see yourself in this description and are looking to join a smart, hard working, kind and inspiring team, then we definitely want to hear from you!