We are looking for a Principal Engineer to be part of Farfetch’s Engineering Team, being a reference for other members of the engineering team and leading a small team of expert engineers into solving some of our most complex engineering challenges.
- Technically lead a small team of top engineers passionate about solving complex technical problems;
- Work closely with the Architecture team to assure team is working towards the standards we set ourselves as a company;
- Engage also with other Engineering teams within the domain to assure the solutions his team is building are fulfilling their most complex requirements;
- Coach and up-skill other engineering team members in complex topics, acting as a reference for engineering standard methodologies within the team.
- A graduate of a program in Information Systems or a related field;
- A professional with at least 10 years of demonstrable experience in the IT engineering field;
- Experienced in defining and implementing complex engineering solutions at large scale for a global audience;
- Capable of being the Technical Reference and Evangelist for the use of new technologies within the domain;
- An individual with solid background and expertise as a Front-end Engineer, Back-end Engineer of the Full Stack variety;
- Knowledgeable and experienced in Product/Software development, with deep understanding of all different phases, from inception all the way through implementation and continuous improvement;
- An excellent communicator in English, with the capability to communicate at multiple levels in the organization;
- Able to handle multiple tasks/priorities at a time, respond to work with urgency and understand deadlines;
- Attentive to detail, with an ability to assimilate, sort through and aggregate complex information quickly and effectively;
- Experienced in working in large scale organizations on a multinational level with a multi-cultural team is a plus;
- Experienced in the Scrum methodology is also a plus.
We have rapidly grown into a truly global company since our launch in 2008 and we’re continuing to grow. Our family now includes partner boutiques and brands across Europe, North and South America and Asia; we demonstrate our ‘Think Global’ value in everything we do. We are a company with an entrepreneurial spirit and innovative culture. We are positive, passionate and live our values: Be Human, Be Brilliant, Todos Juntos, Be Revolutionary, Think Global and Amaze Customers day to day.