In full compliance with the strict law, and the continuing concern to promote transparency and impartiality, we have included new security policies and we have improved our procedures with the ever-present aim of pursuing the public interest in the policy areas of the Municipality of Porto.
Personal Data protection for citizens is a fundamental right; your privacy is important to us and therefore we make it clear which Personal Data we process, to which defined purposes they are used, the principles guiding this use and explains to citizens/subjects what their existing rights are.
Sustained by a permanent drive to promote the citizens' well-being, the Municipality of Porto, as a Public Entity, has a wide variety of areas, from town planning and mobility, to culture, education and environment, and also promotes the economic development, civil protection, tourism, social action, consumer protection, innovation, land-use planning, science, housing, equipment management, heritage, sports, basic sanitation, transport, energy, health and external cooperation.
With the purpose of fulfilling the fundamental rights of citizens and residents, those working on our territory and those visiting us, the Municipality of Porto, as the entity acting as data controller:
- Ensures that the processing of citizen's Personal Data may be collected by the competent authorities only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes in the framework of their tasks and may be processed only for the same purpose for which data were collected.
- Makes the commitment to implement Data Collection Minimization, strictly necessary for the specific activity to be performed and that serves the interest of citizens.
- Has a policy of non-disclosure of Personal Data for commercial purposes or advertising.
How we use your Personal Data
The Municipality of Porto uses your Personal data to respond to your requests and enquiries, for the submission of processes, to provide information of matters of the city, and for statistical purposes.
These data can be provided by means of an application, reporting, complaint, notification, both verbally or by visiting the website.
We also collect the information that you provide to us as well as the content of messages, namely comments, suggestions, claims or requests, to ongoing improvement.
Personal Data we collect
The Personal Data we collect depend on the particular context of your interactions with the Municipality of Porto and vice-versa on municipal-level, to the fulfilment of its mission and performance assigned to it.
The Personal Data we collect may include:
- Tax Number;
- Electronic DNI;
- ID Card Number.
- Phone or mobile.
- Institutional email.
- Geographic location.
- Where the fulfillment of a service involves payment rates or payment fees, we collect the necessary data and process the data for payment run.
- When visiting our facilities, your image can be captured by our security cameras.
- When you contact us, telephone conversations with our collaborators can be recorded.
Reasons why we share Data
We will share your personal data with third parties with your express consent, ensuring strict compliance with legal obligations entrusted to the Municipality of Porto or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or subject to the exercise of public authority.
Security of your Personal Data
We use a set of technologies, tools and safety procedures making the greatest efforts to protect your Personal Data from misuse, unauthorized access or dissemination.
How to release and control Personal Data
We comply, upon request, the right of access, modification, correction and suppression regarding the Personal Data collected, as well as the right to object the processing of your Personal Data.
Should you consent to the use and disclosure of your personal information, you have every right to withdraw your consent to the use of your data at any time, without compromising data validity up to that point.
The Chief Officer Corporate Data Protection of the Municipality of Porto may be consulted (firstname.lastname@example.org) to clarify matters associated with Personal Data and the exercise of their rights.
- Request to access to my Personal data;
- Request to know who will access my data;
- Request to know how my data are processed;
- Request to know for which purpose are my Personal Data used;
- Request my Data in a Portable Document Format.
The right to be forgotten:
- Request to remove all my Personal Data.
Storage of Personal Data
We store your Personal Data as long as needed and only for the purposes for which the information was collected.
Data retention periods can greatly change whenever issues of public interest purposes, historical, scientific and statistical reasons are at stake. The Municipality of Porto is thereby committed to take the appropriate conservation and security measures.
Cookies or similar technologies
Go to our Cookies Policy to learn more about cookies.
Use our contact form to suggest improvements.
The Municipality of Porto counts on your support.
Last update: August 9, 2018.