APQP Specialist - Electrical
The SQ&D represents the Supplier Quality & Development department in cross-functional category teams of the Vestas global procurement organization coordinating QSE activities and securing sourcing decisions are made in respect to achieve the lowest total cost of ownership without compromising safety & quality.
The SQ&D department is part of a matrix organization covering global and regional demands collaborating with multiple internal functions i.e. procurement, engineering, manufacturing facilities, service & project management.
- Support the Supplier Quality Manager of Electrical & Category C components in the EMEA region;
- SQ&D lead and representative for specific commodity in the Commodity Team;
- Lead the supplier approval process by assessing supplier's quality management system, manufacturing/process capabilities and Health, Safety and Environmental risks;
- Coordination & execute supplier quality assurance plans in assigned new product qualification projects (APQP) to ensure flawless launches at our manufacturing sites;
- Coordination of supplier initiated component changes to ensure appropriate verification and
- Drive supplier improvement projects to enhance Supplier Quality maturity and performance;
- Facilitate root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions of supplier quality issues during APQP phase.
- Master or Bachelor degree in electrical, process or industrial engineering;
- Minimum three years of experience in a similar environment of an international matrix
- Certified ISO 9001 auditor;
- Proven track record in applying quality assurance & problem-solving tools i.e. FMEA, MSA, 8D, etc.;
- Education and/or proven track record in Project Management;
- Education in Lean / Six Sigma is preferable;
- APQP / PPAP knowledge is preferable (and consider an advantage);
- High Voltage product knowledge is preferable (and consider an advantage);
- IPC-A-610 and IPC-WHMA-A-620 knowledge or certification is preferable (and consider an advantage).
- Very good knowledge of APQP, component and process approval including problem solving skills;
- Very good communication skills within an international, dynamic & cross-functional environment with
- Ability to work on own initiative & to prioritize - also under pressure;
- Strong meeting facilitator with the ability to work on all organizational levels;
- Assertive, positive minded, problem-solving oriented, analytic;
- Good skills in SAP (preferable);
- Good English skills in both speech and writing;
Preferable office location is Porto.
Travelling extend: approx. 40%