We’re looking for a Pioneering Android Developer to join us in changing the way the world moves. If you love a challenge, are passionate about technology and are full of spark, energy and ambition, this could be the dream role for you. Our team of rock-solid software engineers, technologists, futurists and dreamers are changing how people think and feel about cars.
Pioneering engineers need pioneering projects: from autonomous driving to electrification, from car sharing services to vehicle connectivity, Critical TechWorks operates at the cutting-edge of the BMW Group’s technologies.
As an Android Developer, you’ll translate designs and wireframes into high quality code, ensuring the best performance, quality and responsiveness. You’ll collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and deliver new features. And, you'll discover, evaluate and implement new technologies to maximise development efficiency.
Whatever you’re working on, here’s the lowdown on the technical skills you’re likely to have:
- 3+ years' worth of experience developing complex software applications
- Proven professional software development experience with the Android SDK, Eclipse or Android Studio
- Experience in Android development patterns: Java OOP, JSON/Rest APIs, and multi-threading tasks
- Experience in developing Android UI applications using design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Knowledge of Cloud services and APIs
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Strong application performance/tuning skills
Apart from great technical skills, our environment is fast-paced and 100% agile, prioritising teamwork, interaction and resilience. We’re organised into Scrum teams and projects typically consist of one or more teams sharing a common development, configuration management and continuous delivery environment.
This calls for our engineering pioneers to possess the following skills:
- Great people skills that foster a supportive environment, constructive feedback and ideas sharing
- Excellent oral communication and written skills – including the ability to speak and write in English
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Delivery tools (e.g. Git, Jenkins, JIRA, Gerrit)
- Experience of agile methodologies, particularly Scrum
- A real passion for learning, doing things better and helping others – and an ability to turn ideas into realities
- Availability to travel abroad for short periods of time, as required
- Optional bonus: the ability to converse in German
Fusing technology and talent, we’re developing the next generation of software systems for the BMW Group’s future driving machines. Fuelled by the principles of agile software development, we’ll use our freedom to think, disrupt and transform the way things are done. We’re clear about where we’re heading. We plan to change the way the world thinks and feels about cars: from autonomous driving to electrification, from car sharing services to connectivity. Get ready for a journey like no other.