🌊SURFnCODE is a kind of startup builder/incubator—a startup that creates startups—based in Porto, Portugal. We were founded in 2018 by alumni from Skype, Apple, Microsoft and Amazon. We’re in a fun space in Matosinhos, with great food, public transit, and sunny beaches.
To learn more, visit http://careers.surfncode.io.
🔍We are looking for a highly motivated, creative and enthusiastic Product Designer to join our team in Porto. In this role you will be responsible for delivering the best online user experience, understand our business requirements, any technical limitations and have a significant impact on our growing business. We want someone with a passion to innovate, to work collaboratively with our product managers, engineers, and other designers.You must have a strong individual sense of aesthetics and be able to bring elevated ideas to the table.This position requires intrinsic design acumen, typographic skills, digital expertise, and acute attention to detail. Not only do you have the technical skills and a portfolio to back it up, you function as a conceptual thinker who can bring fresh ideas to the team.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- Understand target users deeply: develop or work from user profiles and conduct task analysis, create user scenarios or user stories, help to create and analyze user research
- Translate user research, interviews and surveys, into user flows, sitemaps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new functions and features
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, sketches and tables)
- Stay on the cutting edge of what’s new in design, identifying opportunities to and experimenting with applying new methods and concepts to design problems
- 2+ years work experience as a Product Designer, UI/UX Designer or similar role
- Experience working with product and engineering teams for design implementation, including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications
- Strong understanding of the principles of design, typography, composition and color
- Expertise in digital design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Axure, InVision, UXPin
- Fluency in best practices for interaction design, user-centered design process, prototyping, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
- Critical thinker with excellent ability to discuss and explain design options
👌Nice to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or related degree
- Generous base salary and bonus compensation
- Stock options
- Surfboard and surf lessons
- Your own startup / idea time
- Fast-paced, fun and intellectually stimulating startup environment
- Training & conferences
- Health insurance
- Meal benefits
- Team getaways
📫If this sounds like something for you, please send us your CV, portfolio link and cover letter in English.
SURFnCODE is a kind of startup builder/incubator—a startup that creates startups—based in Porto, Portugal. We were founded this year by alumni from Skype, Apple, Microsoft and Amazon. We’re in a fun space in Matosinhos, with great food, public transit, and sunny beaches. To learn more, visit http://careers.surfncode.io