Job Description Summary
To provide level 1/2 technical Support across a broad range of technical disciplines that underpin the operation of Euronext Cash and Derivatives markets, and hosted markets on behalf of clients.
The disciplines include Applications, Network, Systems (Linux and Windows), Database and Security.
You will be part of a team based in Porto covering all market operational hours (shift system in a 24/7 operation), and will work in a high-tech learning environment with colleagues across all Euronext locations.
The job consists of prioritizing and progressing resolution of faults or queries on the full range of systems across all clients, suggesting methods to build and implement measurable improvements to the services, undertaking project work and the implementation of change by performing a QA after any work. Troubleshooting issues relating to the network, database, infrastructure, applications or security. Contributing to serious incident, change and problem management.
This role is both internal and external facing and is located within the Service Operations Group, which in turn is part of the IT Operations and Engineering group.
- Prioritization and progression of resolution for faults or queries on the full range of systems.
- Troubleshooting issues relating to applications, infrastructure, database, network or security.
- Active participation in serious incident, problem and change management.
- Undertaking of project work to help implement best support practice and continued success of the Euronext businesses.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Enthusiasm combined with a collaborative attitude.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- English is a must, as it will be used on a daily basis to communicate with other teams and customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- An affinity with: O/S – Windows, Linux and/or Solaris; Database – MS SQL/Oracle; Monitoring Systems - Nagios; Network - Juniper/Cisco; Security – TCP/IP, TCPdump, Nessus, Snort. Degree, CET or equivalent in a computer related subject.
- Knowledge of financial markets.
- Knowledge of Equities and Derivatives financial instruments (e.g. Futures and Options/Warrants).
- Knowledge of ITIL framework and processes. Scripting language (Shell/Perl/PHP/Python).
- A hands-on mentality and a structured way of working.
- The ambition and potential to develop a successful IT career Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong awareness and interest in technology.
- Superb problem solving skills.
- Experience in working effectively within a team and on your own.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Euronext is the leading pan-European exchange in the Eurozone, covering Belgium, France, Ireland, The Netherlands, Portugal and the UK. With 1,300 listed issuers worth €3.9 trillion in market capitalisation as of end September 2018, Euronext is an unmatched blue chip franchise that has 24 issuers in the Morningstar® Eurozone 50 Index℠ and a strong diverse domestic and international client base. Euronext operates regulated and transparent equity and derivatives markets and is the largest centre for debt and funds listings in the world. Its total product offering includes Equities, Exchange Traded Funds, Warrants & Certificates, Bonds, Derivatives, Commodities and Indices. Euronext also leverages its expertise in running markets by providing technology and managed services to third parties. In addition to its main regulated market, Euronext also operates Euronext Growth™ and Euronext Access™, simplifying access to listing for SMEs. For the latest news, find us on Twitter (twitter.com/euronext) and LinkedIn (linkedin.com/euronext).